Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rechecking some Basic Steps for Getting my Blog Indexed

Hi again. In my last post I pointed out some of my Blog's hide and seek with Google and this made me a bit confused thinkg the question that "Why blogger-beginner-money-basics is not doing well in Google?"

I have to prepare some of the queries as:

To learn about robot.txt files for possibilities diverting the bot without crawling
To learn about robot.txt file for blogger
To check my site submission again with google using the webmaster central

Well, while visiting webmaster central it made me surprised that first of all there was meta tag missing ... but I had submitted earlier. I think this would happen as I had changed the template couple of weeks before causing the deletion of meta tag submitted earlier.

Again while I checked the stats and diagnostics it informed me having HTTP Error (1) and 14 URLs pointing to labels of almost all the posts with some wrong address of site feed.

Well as far as robot.txt file is concerned we cannot change the same so this was useless to ponder about. You can also check your blog robot.txt file as mine as

http://blogger-beginner-money-basics.blogspot.com/robot.txt

Now what I have done so far is:

Submitted a Meta Tag again;
Removed the Labels from all of my posts
Submitted my site map again by defining the site feed with the following steps:
1. Going to Setting
2. Site Feed as rss.xml
3. Submit sitemap as rss.xml?redirect=false

I hope by rechecking the basic steps now my blog may make a space in goolge index world.

See you after a while :)

No comments: